Monday, December 18, 2006

What Would Scooby Do?

Joe Barbera half of the legendary comics creator team Hanna/Barbera died this week at age 95. Their great cartoons like the Flintstones, Jetsons, and Scooby Doo ran for years. The bulk of their work was completed in the 1960's but are still on TV today. It never occurred to me in the 80's when I did the bulk of my cartoon watching that the programs I loved were actually created when my parents were in high school/ junior high. The only good cartoons that debuted when I was a child was Fraggle Rock on HBO. Back in the old days my parents had a key lock on the cable box to block HBO, and I had to find the key in order to watch Fraggle.

Yabba Dabba Do
Big H

1 comment:

Kramer said...

There were some other good cartoons growing up. GI Joe, He-Man, and Transformers.