Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sky Torah

The following is a link to a Yahoo article on the new Sky Torah on Is Air flights. Which brings up a very funny story from my own El Al flight. On the way home from Israel in 2001, I was sitting in the last row on a 747, when I was awaken prior to our landing by my father. When I looked to my left I saw 6-10 Orthodox Jews in Tallit (Jewish Prayer shawls) and Tefillin (a prayer aid, which resembles yards of leather rope wrapped around their arm and skull). They were performing the morning prayer. In my still half asleep mind, I thought the plane was going to crash. As it turns out the area near the galley and emergency door just gave them more room to pray. Now according to yahoo, certain flights will be equipped with a Sky Torah. Since I am not a Hebrew scholar, I am not going to question the kosherness of this.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061227/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_torah_israir

Big H

No comments: